Personal Advocate, Residencial
SUMMARY: Reports to and works under the direction of the House Manager/Program Manager. Has responsibility for providing all necessary and desired supports for consumers in their homes, day program and community. The Personal Advocate will encourage and facilitate consumer choice and support those choices in a manner, which will promote and enhance independence and personal growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to include the following:
- Maintains respectful communication and interactions with consumers at all times.
- Provides care in areas of personal hygiene, baños, shaving, washing hair and all other bathroom needs.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with making nutritious meals prepared according to diet restrictions and as assist with feeding as needed.
- Administers medication according to Medication Administration Procedures set for by DPH.
- Documents all incident and medication errors according to established regulations and follow all other data requirements.
- Utilizes the on-call system when necessary.
- Ensures that individuals have resources needed to make informed choices and are active participants in decisions affecting their lives and supports received.
- Report any suspicions of abuse or neglect to the Disabled Persons Protection Commission as a mandated reporter.
- Assist all individuals in the upkeep and maintenance of their homes or program.
- Assist all individuals with their shopping needs and ensure that all purchases made are reflective of their choices.
- Takes initiative to integrate individual into the community in areas of his/her choice.
- Assist all individuals in meeting goals identified in all areas of the Individual Service Plan.
- Exposes individual to new ideas and choices, which assist in their continued growth and development.
- Is responsible for the safety and well being of all individuals. Is aware of and follows all Individual and Program Specific Safety Plans and approved behavior program.
- Maintains individual’s stability by checking vital signs and weight and recording intake and output information.
- Ability to carefully monitor and supervise individuals served.
- Is prepared for and actively participates in all mandatory meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting program needs.
- Respects the role and responsibility of his/her supervisor and maintains the same work diligence whether his/her supervisor is present or not.
- Maintains a courteous professional attitude while conducting business by effectively communicating with all LifeStream personnel, family members, and all community contacts.
- Maintains work operations by following agency policies and procedures.
- Protects agency’s value by keeping individual information confidential.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal assistance.
- Consistently advocates for the individuals served in all areas above.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance of an acceptable CORI
- Licencia de conducir válida
- Negative drug screen
- El uso del vehículo personal por motivos de trabajo
- Initial Physical Exam and Annual Exam (for MRC, ABI and AFC Programs)
- Initial Mantoux Testing and Annual Screening (for MRC, ABI and AFC Programs)
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of community inclusion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated history of quality work performance and teamwork in previous positions.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficient in reading and writing the English and the ability to perform basic math skills.
- Preferably One year’s experience in the field of Human Services.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB
- The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate equipment and machines used in the performance of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to perform direct care duties including lifting, transferring and restraining of consumers.
- The ability to bend, stoop, stand and reach.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORKING CONDITIONS
Employees of LifeStream, Inc. shall strive to develop fully the maximum potential of each consumer. The provision of services shall be continued in an individual manner, adhering to the principles of normalization. Programas de trabajo, asignaciones de consumo y la interacción del personal / consumidores reflejarán los inquilinos inherentes a la filosofía. en adición, el personal seguirá siendo flexible a las necesidades cambiantes de los consumidores. Los empleados pueden ser obligados a permanecer en el turno más allá de las horas programadas con el fin de mantener las raciones de mandato.
Los individuos pueden demostrar a veces agresiva, autolesiva, o conducta inapropiada en general resulta en la ejecución de programas de comportamiento de acuerdo con las políticas y procedimientos escritos.
Los empleados son responsables por la seguridad y el bienestar de los consumidores en su programa. el personal LifeStream se les proporcionará formación en materia de reporte obligatorio y serán responsables de reportar cualquier información adquirida sin embargo, perteneciente al presunto maltrato a los consumidores. De no hacerlo, dará lugar a medidas disciplinarias contra el empleado. DPPC 24 línea telefónica hora: 1-800-426-9009.
Por favor, visite nuestra carrera portal y seleccione Administrador de Casa.