LifeStream’s residential options include the following:
We operate over 30 group residences throughout southeastern Massachusetts for individuals with developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and traumatic brain injury. People receive the support and attention required to lead an independent, well adjusted, and full life, and they actively participate in all areas of their daily lives.
Homes for those with greater needs are also staffed by a team of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Certified Nursing Aides (CNAs). Additional medical, psychological, and therapeutic resources are available through our Clinical Services Department.
Each home offers 24-hour support and supervision, along with the following services:
- Individualized, needs-based programs
- Integrated clinical services in everyday living activities
- Nursing care and certified staff providing medication administration and management
- Medical, physical and cognitive assistance
- Appointment scheduling, oversight and transportation
- Community integration and social activities
- Ongoing needs analysis
This is a residential option for individuals who cannot safely live alone and want the comfort of a home environment with dedicated caregivers. Through a highly personalized matching process, LifeStream ensures that caregivers have the skills needed to support the person’s needs. For many, this is the beginning of a long, and mutually rewarding relationship. In some instances, individuals may be able to remain at home with their family members who become the designated caregivers.
This program provides customized services to those living on their own or with family members, but who need additional assistance with everyday tasks. The individuals and families serviced through this program direct the supports they need. Services include:
- Skills needed to increase independence
- Personal advocacy training
- Money management
- On-call support
- Support at community and social events
- ADL assistance
- Assistance performing household chores
- Support with applying for and maintaining entitlements and public benefits
- Parenting skills
- Environmental safety
- Medical care coordination and support
- Assistance for parents and family members securing and maintaining available community resources
- Ongoing needs analysis to adapt to changing physical, cognitive, residential and medical needs
For additional information on our residential programs and services, please email Steve Couto at email@example.com.
For more information about our Shared Living and Independent Living programs, please email Lori Kydd, Vice President, Operations.