SUMMARY: Reports to and works under the direction of the Residential Director. Has responsibility for the management and oversight of the day-to-day operations of community residences including Quality Assurance and Survey and Certification. The Residential Coordinator will encourage and facilitate consumer choice and support those choices using all available resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to include the following:
- Direct supervision of House Managers.
- Conduct annual Employee Performance Evaluations for all House Managers.
- Ensure all program staff maintain expected levels of training participation and track accordingly.
- Maintain a management and staffing structure capable of efficiently and effectively delivering first-rate services committed to within individual funding source.
- Evaluate the development of the House Managers and all program staff and coordinate trainings to address identified need areas.
- Manage performance and discipline process according to agency policy and applicable law.
- Ensure that the home maintains a pleasant physical appearance and that items in the home represent the interests and preferences of the individuals supported.
- Assist in the coordination of all necessary home/vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure home maintains compliance with local building codes, Survey and Certification mandated regulations and individuals needs identified in the house Safety Plan.
- Ensure that Individual Service Plan (ISP) process is conducted and carried out in the best interest of each individual served and in compliance with DDS and MRC regulations pertaining to ISP development and implementation.
- Provide oversight to ISP documentation ensuring it is completed timely, accurate and in compliance with state regulations.
- Communicate effectively with the House Manager and Clinical staff to ensure that all needed supports are available in each consumer’s area of interest and/or need.
- Evaluate the unique support needs not included with the ISP process and utilize all resources delivered to address these needs.
- Attend all required meetings and maintain required licensures.
- Monitor consumer entitlement and spending monies using agency policy and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Ensure staff decisions are based upon consumer choice and empowerment.
- Monitor the health care needs of individuals served and assure that delivery of these services occurs in a timely fashion.
- Assist consumers in the hiring and evaluation of the House Manager.
- Ensure that Medication Administration Program protocols are strictly adhered to and that all required documentation regarding medication errors, restraints, incident reports, and employee injuries are accurately reported.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed within a timely fashion and according to established guidelines and reflect the progress and interest of each individual served.
- Contribute to maintaining high level of employee morale.
- Ensure a positive outcome of the Survey and Certification process.
- Maintain open and effective communication with DDS/MRC Service Coordinators, parents, guardians, employees, other managers, vendors, and community.
- Effectively communicate all programs needs to Residential Director in a timely manner.
- Report any suspicions of abuse or neglect to DPPC as a mandated reporter.
- Participate in rotating 24-hour on-call coverage and maintain a flexible work schedule to insure appropriate levels of management oversight.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Make decisions according to the best management practices and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Monitor program FTE and ensure program expenditure are within the allocated budget.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Residential Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance of an acceptable CORI
- Valid Driver’s license
- Negative drug screen
- El uso del vehículo personal por motivos de trabajo
- Initial physical exam with mantoux testing. Mantoux screening annually thereafter.
- Commitment to the philosophy of community inclusion
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service field with three years supervisory experience or a minimum of 5 years Human Service experience including 3 years of supervisory experience or equivalent experience.
- Proven Leadership skills
- Proven success Record as a team player with an ability to influence all levels of management
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent, written, verbal, organizational skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB
- The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate equipment and machines used in the performance of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to perform direct care duties including lifting, transferring and restraining of consumers.
- The ability to bend, stoop, stand and reach.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORKING CONDITIONS:
Employees of LifeStream, Inc. shall strive to develop fully the maximum potential of each consumer. The provision of services shall be continued in an individual manner, adhering to the principles of normalization. Programas de trabajo, asignaciones de consumo y la interacción del personal / consumidores reflejarán los inquilinos inherentes a la filosofía. en adición, el personal seguirá siendo flexible a las necesidades cambiantes de los consumidores. Los empleados pueden ser obligados a permanecer en el turno más allá de las horas programadas con el fin de mantener las raciones de mandato.
Los individuos pueden demostrar a veces agresiva, autolesiva, o conducta inapropiada en general resulta en la ejecución de programas de comportamiento de acuerdo con las políticas y procedimientos escritos.
Employees are responsible for the safety and well being of consumers in their program. el personal LifeStream se les proporcionará formación en materia de reporte obligatorio y serán responsables de reportar cualquier información adquirida sin embargo, perteneciente al presunto maltrato a los consumidores. De no hacerlo, dará lugar a medidas disciplinarias contra el empleado. DPPC 24 línea telefónica hora: 1-800-426-9009.
Please visit our careers portal and choose Residential Coordinator.