SUMMARY: Reports to and works under the direction of the Residential Coordinator. Has responsibility for the management of the day-to-day operation of a community residence including personnel, program quality, facilities and budget. The Residential Manager will encourage and facilitate consumer choice and support those choices using all available resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to include the following:
- Direct supervision of all program staff.
- Provide leadership that supports positive work environment and employee morale.
- Conduct annual and probationary Employee Performance Evaluations for all program staff.
- Ensure all program staff maintain expected levels of training participation and track accordingly.
- Maintain a staffing structure capable of efficiently and effectively meeting the needs of consumers by consistently delivering first-rate services and satisfying the contractual obligations of the funding source.
- Evaluate the development of all program staff and coordinate trainings to address identified need areas.
- Thorough and comprehensive understanding of all personnel policies and the ability to follow said personnel policy with minimal guidance.
- Manage performance and discipline process according to agency policy and applicable law effectively and efficiently.
- Provide documented reflective coaching and supervision for each staff on at least a bi-monthly basis.
- Staff meetings are conducted on a regular basis with a prepared agenda, meeting minutes and documentation of attendees.
- Interviewing and hiring program staff
- Including actively collaborating with nursing coordinators in interviewing, hiring and supervising LPN’s where appropriate
- Ensure that the home maintains a pleasant physical appearance and that items in the home represent the interests and preferences of the individuals supported.
- Coordinate necessary home/vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure home maintains compliance with local building codes, Survey and Certification mandated regulations and individuals needs identified in the house Safety Plan.
- Assure that Individual Service Plan (ISP) process is conducted and carried out in the best interest of each individual served and in compliance with DDS and MRC regulations pertaining to ISP development and implementation and meet all required timelines
- Communicate effectively with Residential Coordinator and Clinical staff to assure that all needed supports are available in each consumer’s area of interest and/or need.
- Evaluate the unique support needs not included with the ISP process and utilize all resources available to address these needs.
- Attend all required meetings and maintain required licensures.
- Monitor consumer entitlement and spending monies using agency mandated accounting practices.
- Ensure staff decisions are based upon consumer choice and empowerment.
- Assist consumers in the hiring and evaluation of all program staff.
- Coordinate health care needs of individuals served and assure that delivery of these services occurs in a timely fashion.
- Work scheduled floor hours.
- Accompany all consumers to doctor’s appointments.
- Ensure that Medication Administration Program protocols are strictly adhered to and that all required documentation regarding medication errors, restraints, incident reports, and employee injuries are accurately reported.
- Follow all procedures outlined in the standards manual
- Maintain active and consistent communication with guardian, family members and DDS service coordinators
- Familiar with and compliant with all Community Rule indicators
- Consumer meetings are conducted weekly and documented.
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of funding source regulations and expectations
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of Residex system
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed within a timely fashion and according to established guidelines and reflect the progress and interest of each individual served.
- Communicate timely and accurately with all ancillary departments as it pertains to program needs.
- Contribute to maintaining high level of employee morale.
- Responsible for the outcome of the Survey and Certification Review and Community Rule compliance.
- Maintain open and effective communication with DDS/MRC Service Coordinators, parents, guardians, employees, other managers, vendors, and community.
- Effective communication of all programs needs reported to Residential Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Report any suspicions of abuse or neglect to DPPC as a mandated reporter.
- Participate in rotating 24-hour on-call coverage and maintain a flexible work schedule to insure appropriate levels of management oversight.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Make decisions according to the best management practices and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Effectively manage program FTE, OT and ensure program expenditure are within the allocated budget.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Residential Coordinator.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in all written and verbal communication.
- Participate in at least one internal or external committee
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance of an acceptable CORI
- Negative drug screening
- Carteira de motorista válida
- Uso de veículo pessoal para fins de trabalho
- Initial Physical Exam and Annual Exam (for MRC, ABI and AFC Programs)
- Initial Mantoux Testing and Annual Screening
- Maintain flexibility with weekly scheduled hours in order to accommodate program needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of community inclusion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service field with one year supervisory experience or a minimum of three years experience in Human Services.
- Demonstrated history of quality work performance and teamwork in previous positions
- Proven Leadership skills
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent, written, verbal, organizational skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINES USED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB
- The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate equipment and machines used in the performance of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to perform direct care duties including lifting, transferring and restraining of consumers.
- The ability to bend, stoop, stand and reach.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORKING CONDITIONS
Employees of LifeStream, Inc. shall strive to develop fully the maximum potential of each consumer. The provision of services shall be continued in an individual manner, adhering to the principles of normalization. horários de trabalho, atribuições de consumo e interação equipe / consumidor irá refletir inquilinos inerentes à filosofia. Além, equipe irá permanecer flexível à evolução das necessidades dos consumidores. Os trabalhadores podem ser obrigados a permanecer na mudança para além do horário programado de forma a manter as rações mandatados.
Os indivíduos podem, por vezes, demonstrar agressividade, autolesivos, ou o comportamento geralmente inadequada resultando na implementação de programas de comportamento de acordo com as políticas e procedimentos escritos.
Os funcionários são responsáveis pela segurança e bem-estar dos consumidores em seu programa. pessoal Lifestream será fornecido com formação em matéria de comunicação obrigatória e será responsável por comunicar qualquer informação sejam adquiridos, pertencentes a alegados maus tratos dos consumidores. Não fazer isso irá resultar em uma ação disciplinar contra o funcionário. DPPC 24 hotline hour: 1-800-426-9009.
Por favor, visite nossas carreiras portal e escolha gerente da Casa.